In a post earlier this year, I set some goals for 2017. Did you? With the hours ticking away to 2018, it’s accountability time. Let’s see how we did!
Stay healthy – run without injury. A+
- I didn’t miss any time due to injury this year!
Run 2017 miles for the year. A+
- But it’s like that class where you pull it off right at the last minute. I had to run 10 miles today to get it, but….
Purge refined sugar from my everyday diet. C-
- This requires a much longer post. I did, then I didn’t. Then I did again (at least for the last 10 days).
PR at the Boston Marathon. F
- You either get this one or you don’t I didn’t. See this post.
Share my love of running with others. B
- I know I touched a few people this year. I can do more. It’s a great addition to life!
Run an ultramarathon in the fall (Arkansas Traveler 100). D-
- These goals are all exactly as I wrote them in March. Apparently my subconscious lawyer let me off the hook a smidge with this. Next year I will write FINISH an ultramarathon as my goal.
Balance running with life. B
- There have been some times when I have been selfish about running. I wish it detracted zero minutes from family time, but that will never be the case. I know my family would prefer me with it, than without it. I’ll get it right someday.
This is just a quick update, but I’ll be writing more about goal-setting, accountability, and self-evaluation coming soon. Happy New Year!